Fonds F024 - Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on provenance of fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00408 F024

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1963-1968 (Creation)
    Creator
    Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East

Physical description area

Physical description

0.8 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1911-[after 1968])

Administrative history

The Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East was a district lodge of the Orange Order, a Protestant fraternal organization, which had jurisdiction over primary (local) lodges in the present-day Parry Sound District. The District Lodge was founded in 1911 following a resolution by the Loyal Orange County Lodge of Nipissing East to establish three district lodges for the North, South, and East Nipissing areas.

The District Lodge had jurisdiction over the Orange Order's District of Nipissing East, which covered the area to the south and east of Lake Nipissing, from Arnstein at its western boundary to Chisholm in the east, and from Callander in the north to Trout Creek in the south. The following primary (local) lodges were under the jurisdiction of the Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East: Loyal Orange Lodge No. 429 (Callander), No. 758 (Powassan), No. 812 (Nipissing), No. 1172 (Trout Creek), No. 1323 (Chisholm), No. 1938 (Restoule), No. 2888 (Golden Valley), and No. 3015 (Arnstein). The membership of the District Lodge was made up of Orangemen from its primary lodges, who took turns hosting the Lodge's annual meetings. It is unknown when the District Lodge was disbanded.

Custodial history

Records were donated by Graeme Martin, Grand Secretary of the Provincial Grand Orange Lodge of Ontario West, to Nipissing University's Institute for Community Studies and Oral History (ICSOH) on November 22, 2004. Francoise Noel transferred the records to the Archives in 2014.

Scope and content

Fonds reflects the administration of Loyal Orange District Lodge of Nipissing East, particularly its meetings and membership. Fonds contains one minute book.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Open

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Nipissing University and Canadore College Archives and Special Collections

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created February 27, 2015 by Peter Houston

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area