Fonds F043 - Saint Andrew's United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Saint Andrew's United Church fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title supplied based on provenance of fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA ON00408 F043

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1928, 1981-2005 (Creation)
    Creator
    Saint Andrew's United Church (North Bay)

Physical description area

Physical description

5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1884-)

Administrative history

Saint Andrew's United Church is a church in North Bay, Ontario. Founded in 1884 as a Presbyterian church in Mattawa, the present church building in downtown North Bay (at the corner of McIntyre, Cassells, and Algonquin Streets) was built in 1904. After the majority of the Presbyterian Church in Canada joined the Methodist and Congregational churches in union in 1925, Saint Andrew's became a United church.

Custodial history

Records were donated to Nipissing University's Institute for Community Studies and Oral History (ICSOH). Francoise Noel transferred the records to the Archives in 2014.

Scope and content

Fonds contains annual reports and newsletters.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected.

General note

The image linked to this description is a photograph of Saint Andrew's Church from the cover of the "Fourty-fourth annual report - Year 1928" (Item 0244-10).

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Nipissing University and Canadore College Archives and Special Collections

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description (2008)

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created January 15, 2016 by Peter Houston

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres